MEST4 Linked production: Research and planning (changed)



1. Analysis the pre-planning work:

-#



  • I discovered a lot of different type of Photoshop platform and i found adobe verison the easiest and most useful device for creating my work.
  • In addition, i had regain a lot of knowledge and skills back from using Photoshop after a whole year therefore my second/final draft will be a lot more smoother.
  • Thirdly, i realised that paying attention to the smallest pieces of details in the end made the biggest difference.
  • Lastly, i used covers to match my own models which indeed helped very much smooth out the process.
  • Furthermore, i love the look of colour and plan to make my final draft a very vibrant design too.
MORE REALISTIC THEMES:

  • HIP HOP
  • RNB
  • GRIME
  • AFROBEAT

Your Linked Production Examples/Target Models.





































Length/size of production (e.g. 3 minutes, 5 pages etc.): 
  •  i will be including two sets of double spread page and feature pages along with the front cover.

Give an example of an institution that would produce or distribute your planned production:
  • British Vogue/GQ 
I would like to show a strong female representation and the bright side of the industry where they're breaking the conventions and stereotypes/stigmas.
Also i would like a women to be the focal centre image on my cover as my linked production focuses on the marginalisation of women within the music industry, which is interesting as women dominate the magazine industry even the ones that focus on music. This reinforces my main point which is that women are solely seen useful to represent superficial things  such as beauty and their bodies to a large extent as it is all that editors are willing to focus on.   

This is due to the fact that my link production is based on a group that is from London, therefore i would have a lot more relative information to talk about e.g afrobeats which is highly more popular within the united kingdom than the states. I feel like if i stuck to my original idea which was focusing on males, my link production would be extremely basic and following the typical narrative structure.


For the double spread pages, i will using one side to talk about my model/musician. it will be like a brief biography of their life e.g career, childhood, love life and etc. this will be formatted into three or four sections to fill the page despite the small font size of 11-12.
In addition, the other side will steer away from the artist and move on to the topic of the genre e.g hip hop and afrobeats. i will use the information i have learned from my critical information to create a informative yet interesting paragraphs going through the importance and impact of the genres.

Lastly, the features page will be presented a lot more minimalist and simplified as it will contain exclusive pictures from the photo shoot and will have little facts about my chosen artist/model scattered across the page to add a little more depth than what was mentioned previously.

Sketch- The Title will be prominent and alongside my model therefore either will not be overpowering each other as i want both to be focal point.
As mentioned before, i would like a colour scheme of the colours green and brown as you can see in the pictures above. i think the colour scheme is sleek and colourful at the same time. i would also like it to be a pattern throughout the whole double page spread and features page however i would like one to focus on either colour.
Secondly for the double page i would like to focus on more informative pieces like a interview.

Script:

"Tell us something people don't know about you or something you find interesting"                                                                                                 

“I’m a Gemini, therefore so my mood always changes – one minute I’m static and happy , the next I’m really quite and introverted. People are always surprised when they meet me. I  went to Nigeria  recently and I went to one of the radio stations and they were like, ‘Aww you look cute!’ They were expecting me to look more posh, and I was like: ‘Yeah, I’m welll mannered women what did you expect aha”

" Tell us what it was like growing up in london as young black women"                                                                                                 


I remember growing up a young black women on an estate in Stratford, You’d have to go home, do your chores and play grown ups with siblings or such. However i use to love singing to my parents and that was really a focal starting point for me when it came to music and developing my love for writing music and melodies. Also, back in my area, people call me by my surname because "my first name is a bit hard to pronounce" he says. “I had to change it because i didnt really like it and i also wanted to create a alter ego, a different persona for my personal life and 
studio life .




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bib

DRAFT 3